Now is the time to get proper training and certification in your career of choice and allow yourself to feel the success you deserve.The Top 10 Careers in the market today have changed considerably. In order to find a career in which one can survive and make a decent living, an individual must be able to adapt.
The following list of occupations are potential careers that require no more than two years of education to enter, some of these will require only weeks of training and education in order to become certified in the field and begin your career. Whether you are just out of high school or switching careers mid stream, the following occupations are an affordable option. If making $30,000 to $60,000 or more per year is a priority than take some time to review the information found here.
Network and Computer Systems Administrator
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics Network Administrators will be one of the most in demand occupations this decade. Expanding 28%, adding 96,600-155,000 jobs to the current 347,000 by the end of the decade. Most of those currently holding these positions started out in the Help Desk Field. Comptia A+ certification is the best way to enter this market.
Those interested should :
- Have a strong attention to detail in order to complete tasks
- Be very dependable, as all companies rely heavily on technology
- Be a problem solver
- Maintain a strong sense of integrity
- Exercise initiative by taking on tasks as needed
- Be prepared to deal with stress.
- Be persistent in executing job performance
If you like to work with your hands and are good at solving problems and see yourself earning a top annual salary follow this Link for more information.
This is a great opportunity in a career that allows for flexibility in your schedule.With a prediction to expand by 38% according to BLS by the end of the decade. This occupation definitely falls into the top 10 careers category. With an associate degree from an accredited certification program those interested in earning upwards of $60,000 per year, while giving back to the community can earn a substantial living.
A career day might consist of:
- Cleaning deposits and stains from teeth
- expose and develop XRAY film
- Record and review a patients dental history
- Apply fluoride to prevent tooth decay
- Use Dental Lasers to detect tooth anomalies
- Execute and properly use Dental billing software
- Be knowledgable of human behaviors and psychology
This is one of the fastest growing occupations in the country. If you would like to know more on how to earn $60,000 in this career check out this link.
Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Mechanics and Installers
Jobs in the HVAC industry are expected to reach almost 420,000 positions. Those interested in this as a career are looking at a 34% increase or an additional 97,000 to 137,000 positions according to records at BLS over the next 8 years. With hourly pay averaging $20.00 per hour and overtime available, this field has made its way into the top spot on our career list.
A typical day as a HVAC technician may involve:
- Inspecting and repairing heating and air conditioning systems
- Reading blueprints and diagrams
- Traveling to customers locations over a wide area
- Problem solving and diagnosing
- Selling service contracts
- Disposing of regulated fluids
- Coordinating tasks in between other construction trades
A career as a HVAC tech offers opportunity to make a decent annual salary as well as job satisfaction. With training available at most local educational facilities a certificate can be had in less than a year. Check out more here.
Police Patrol Officer
Law Enforcement patrol officers currently provide 664,000 jobs in this country. By the year 2020 it is projected by Onetonline to create an additional 249,000 positions with an average wage of $54,230. This noble occupation can be secured by attending a police academy. Most of those entering the field as a full-time career achieve an associate degree from a community or junior college.
A position as a Patrol Officer would include use of:
- Laptop computers and mobile electronics
- Semi-automatic hand guns
- Word processing software
- Plastic and Metal hand cuffs
- User interface software utilizing a national data base
- Use of laws, legal procedures, government regulations, and executive orders
- Negotiation skills to reconcile differences
A career as a Police Officer can be a very rewarding experience. If the thought of protecting and serving your community has ever crossed your mind follow this link for more information.
Pre School Teacher
This occupation will need 232,000 positions filled in the next eight years. Requires a training certificate in order to begin, and will provide a rewarding experience to those capable of caring for pre school aged children. With an average wage of $12.80 per hour, those interested in entering the teaching arena have excellent prospects here. With additional certification and education one may find themselves rapidly advancing within their field.
A Pre School teacher would need:
- Adaptability and a willingness to be flexible are appreciated
- Provide a strong concern for others
- Have a desire to take on challenges
- Be very reliable
- Use self-expression and individuality
- Comfort with face to face communication
- Utilize organization skills
If teaching is something you have considered, this is a very reasonable place to start. Many community colleges have early childhood education courses in which to achieve a certificate of completion. Check out more on this inspiring career.
Computer Network Support Specialist
According to ONENETONLINE there will be 269,0000 openings for network professionals. Cisco training is available at many local education facilities and can rapidly accelerate a career. With moderate training in science, technology, engineering and math, it is possible to make and average annual salary of $47,660.
A day working as a Network Specialist:
- Operating and managing Cisco systems
- Configuring wide area networks as well as Local area network routers
- Installing network security software
- Ensuring proper integration of existing networks and systems
- Configure security settings and network permissions
- Install wireless network equipment
- Analyze network data usage
A Network Support Specialist is a problem solver position. Companies today are updating and securing data constantly. If you are interested in working in this top career check out more possibilities here.
This occupation with an average annual salary of $64,030 requires passing a certification test. Training is available online or by direct study technique. With the right attitude and an independent spirit one can earn a substantial salary as well as a position of integrity among their peers.
As a Customs Broker:
- Spend time compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating information
- Have excellent written communications
- Be able to express yourself orally
- Have knowledge of laws codes and court procedures
- Understand the process of moving people and goods globally
- Be proficient with mathematics
- Utilize complex problem solving skills
This is an opportunity for those with ambition and willingness to self train. With a need for 327,000 positions this decade, training and certification in this field is worth the time and effort.Check out how to become a Customs Broker here.
Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks
This job will add up to 467,000 positions according to Onenetonline, with an average pay rate of $16.70 per hour. Working daily computing data and classifying information a financial records, this career offers an entry-level into the business office space. Beginning in this occupation can start with a high school diploma and a certificate of completion in accounting can help secure a position and advance a career.
As a Bookkeeper or Auditing Clerk:
- Understand discrepancies in record books
- Utilize accounting and document management software
- Comply with Federal and State guidelines
- Operate well within math and statistics
- Be comfortable with repetitive tasks
- Have a strong integrity
- Requires analytical thinking
With the proper certification and training a career within this accounting office position can lead to many other opportunities. Follow this link to find out more details.
With the baby boom generation entering retirement years, health care opportunities comes to the front of the pack. Projected positions available between 2010-2020 is a staggering 1,279,000 jobs. With an average salary of $65,950 according to Onenetonline, the nursing field is on fire. The curriculum is tough but, someone prepared to study would open up a world of opportunity.
A day in the life of a Nurse:
- Requires being pleasant and good-natured
- Heavy contact with others being exposed to illness
- Monitor, record, and report a patients symptoms
- A perceptive eye of awareness
- Constant interaction with technology
- Concern for the welfare of others
- Administer injections
There is no doubt that this health care occupation requires a solid performance in academics. Most local community colleges provide associate degree training in nursing. The potential for career advancement once your license is obtained is almost unlimited. To find out more on how to become a registered nurse look here for a full description.
Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics
As an occupational field auto repair can certainly provide a long-term benefit. Projected to increase its current job market by up to 311,000 positions, according to Onenetonline. With jobs averaging $17.39 per hour, a moderate amount of training, and a future in need of repair, this occupational career choice is full of options.
A typical Automotive Technician:
- Tests automotive systems for operational condition
- Repair and replace parts that are worn or broken
- Be prepared to discuss with customers the repairs provided
- Utilize hands on tools and diagnostic equipment
- Be ready to work overtime when needed
- Lift heavy parts and equipment
- Use extreme caution when working
There are many different specialties in the automotive field. Whether you are interested in one or all, take a few minute to investigate further the possibilities available between now and the end of the decade.